- 27 Jun 2021 Online
- 03 Aug 2021 Online
In today’s business climate, companies are striving for Business Excellence and even Customer Excellence. This means that your IT service has to support, and often even fuel, the required transformations of the business.
Unfortunately in practice, with a confusing array of IT best practices and frameworks, limited progress has been made in improving the contribution of IT services and their business alignment. Timeliness, fit- for-purpose, cost efficiency and transparency are still less than they should be.
Business managers are usually not too satisfied about IT performance or about IT transparency. Too often, this leads to adverse reactions such as improperly managed outsourcing actions. These may seem to reduce cost and improve delivery at first sight, but can easily worsen the situation, e.g. damage business flexibility and time to market, while only delivering sub-optimal cost benefits. Today’s businesses require a more practical, more effective and more aligned IT-improvement. IT itself needs to transform!
This course offers a proven approach by replacing the traditional IT process views by a new paradigm. You will be able to achieve a drastic re-alignment of your IT operations and the business will start to appreciate IT as a strategic partner, instead of just a support and a cost.
Who Should Attend
- CFOs, CIOs and IT Directors, IT Strategists and IT Governance Consultants
- Newly appointed CIO’s and IT Managers
- Managers of IT Relationship Management, Managers of Service Management, Change Managers and Programme Managers of IT Improvement Programmes
Benefits of Attending
- Reposition your IT department by improving its impact on, and appreciation by, the business
- Organise effective IT relationship management and expectation management, rapidly improving relations with the business
- Measure the quality/cost ratio of your IT services and improve it
- Understand and apply all relevant improvement concepts from both IT industry and management sciences, such as COBIT 5, ITIL 3, core competencies and lean
- Understand what it takes for real IT leadership
- Propagate a self-steering IT organisation, to allow you more time devoted to strategy development
Fred van Leeuwen
Fred van Leeuwen is an international authority in the field of IT and consults with clients for practical IT improvement on a daily basis. He has written thought-provoking publications on the subject and has lectured on nearly all the continents, sharing his experiences with IT Directors, CIOs and other board members.
During his 40 years in the profession, Fred has worked in every conceivable IT discipline, including IT strategy formulation, programme management, process improvement, application development, technical infrastructure design and service management. He combines his knowledge of content matter with excellent skills in organisational change management.
Fred’s current focus is on the way companies could create more value out of IT. He seeks to improve our understanding of the processes involved, to highlight the roles at board level and to improve concerning management competencies. He was also involved with an academic programme for developing agile and innovative IT governance.
Fred is a much sought-after speaker and author. His latest publications include a book on improving the IT function and articles on IT governance and on the role of the board in IT value generation.
A few years ago, in private life, he pushed boundaries to the extreme to gain new insights during an eight month journey on his 10 metre yacht, rounding the Atlantic Ocean with his son. From this, he gained a lot of management lessons, some of which he will share with you.
Telephone: +971 4 407 2500
Fax: +971 4 335 2438
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable