In this age of increased and diversified access to our corporate assets, especially with the new wave of working from home, ensuring that the access necessary for authorized users is made readily available while at the same time prohibiting all other access becomes a significant challenge.
Identity and access management (IAM) provides systematic tools, techniques, software, reporting and monitoring apps and so forth, to manage the roles and access privileges of individual users of our systems. IAM technologies include the basic access and authentication tools, the provisioning software, security policies and their enforcement, identity repositories, identity management systems and processes; for on-premises, virtual and cloud-based systems.
This highly interactive LIVE Online course identifies the threats inherent in increased access through unprotected homesites, the approaches to installing, implementing and administering a cost beneficial identity and access management ecosystem. This course describes the regulatory and legal ramifications and constraints surrounding identity and access management. The course also reviews the various technologies for corporate facility perimeter protection, cloud and virtual access protection, and protecting against mobile and BYOD threats.
The course includes individual and group exercises, continuous discussions and sharing of information experiences among the participants and instructor, and work on a case study to apply the knowledge and skills learned.
Who Should Attend
- Organizational managers and executives interested in keeping their facilities and data secure and private
- Security personnel need to understand how to apply the principles and concepts of identity and access management
- Networking professionals who need to apply the concepts of identity and access management to mobile, cloud and other connected devices
- Data administration and data analytics personnel will need to protect the data they are working with from leakage and modification by bad actors
- Anyone interested in learning how to protect the parameters of the organization from intrusion and malfeasance from both the outside and the inside
Benefits of Attending
By attending this course, you will learn:
- The dangers and threats inherit in expanded access to IT resources
- The basics of identity and access management implementation
- How to build a public key infrastructure (PKI) to manage interactions within the organization and between the organization and external parties
- The elements of provisioning: requesting, validating and approving access
- How to authenticate the identity of users for applications of the organization in a efficient and unobtrusive way
- And much more...
Steve Blais, PMP, PMI-PBA, is an international Trainer, Author, Consultant and Coach who has over 50 years’ experience in information technologies working as a Business Analyst, System Analyst, Information Security Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, Programmer, Project Manager, and General Manager.
He spent twenty years working as a Contractor in Washington DC for many US Federal government organisations in various roles. He also worked as a Technical Manager and Consultant to a number of financial organisations in the US and Europe. In the 1990s, he developed several disaster recovery plans for different government and civilian organisations, and wrote the five-year defence plan for the Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) which outlined the disaster recovery plans and procedures. He has also worked with several Middle Eastern organisations, both government and commercial, in helping them develop business continuity plans for various industries and information technology companies.
Steve writes a monthly column for Business Analyst Times and is a frequent contributor to AllpM.com, Modern Analyst and other publications. He has presented the keynote addresses at business analyst conferences around the world in 2019, the IPMA European Conference (2013), the PMI Pacific Rim Conference in Tokyo (2012), and the PMI South America Conference in Sao Paolo (2011).
He is also the author of Business Analysis: Best Practices for Success (John Wiley, 2011)and co-author of Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide (PMI, 2014) and a member of the core team for A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), v.3 (IIBA, 2015). He has a forthcoming book on Big Data and Data Analytics to be released soon.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO FAST FORUMS
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect