- 07 Dec 2020 Online
People are the greatest asset of any organisation and often the only competitive advantage an organisation has. Yet talent attraction is usually done very ad hoc, only recruiting when a position opens. Talent selection is most often done in an unscientific way where gut feeling takes precedence over actual determination of skills and character. Too often organisations unconsciously look for their mirror images. This starts with the attraction of talent, by writing vacancies that would appeal to them and using ads that reflect their perception of “good”.
In both, pre-selection as well as selection, our unconscious bias also prevails, allocating skills and traits based on previous experiences with people with similar backgrounds. Credentialism, allocating a trait based on a former employer, a certain hobby and the like, is as natural as it is wrong. With modern technology we become aware of our bias and become better recruiters. We can use technology to help us reach more and different people and convince them to apply. Technology helps us better assess actual talent and character traits from these applicants.
By using the right technology and becoming an augmented recruiter, you can improve both, the quantity as well as quality of your hires. This course will be a combination of showcasing new developments, discussing the potential and the risks of these developments, and applying the new knowledge directly to your current situation.
We will also explore many practical examples of organisations improving their talent acquisition that will inspire you to improve your own talent acquisition process.
Who Should Attend
- Recruitment Directors and Managers
- Talent Acquisition and Sourcing professionals
- Senior HR Executives with Talent Acquisition responsibilities
- HR professionals with Talent Acquisition responsibilities
- Social Recruiting Strategists
- Social Marketing Strategist
- Digital Media Strategists for Talent Acquisition
- Employer Branding/Recruitment Marketing Professionals
Benefits of Attending
- Explore technology to attract top candidates
- Execute your digital recruitment strategy
- Use AI-powered digital assessment tools for talent selection
- Define innovative strategies to attract Millennials and Generation Z
- Improve hiring using data, AI and machine learning
- Personalise the candidate journey and experience with technology
- Become an augmented recruitment department
- Use technology to improve the human touch in recruitment
Bas van de Haterd
Bas van de Haterd is a Dutch trainer, professional speaker and consultant on Talent Acquisition. He has been an advisor for corporates in the technology, professional services, energy and financial services sectors, medium-sized enterprises, ministries, staffing agencies and universities on enabling them to improve their recruitment results.
He has written several books in Dutch, on how technology is changing the “World of Work”. He also writes for American recruitment websites ERE.net and RecruitingDaily. com, and the Dutch Werf-en and Zipconomy websites.
He is a much sought-after speaker in his home country, the Netherlands, and has also spoken at events in London, Berlin, India and Belgium. He has delivered guest lectures at several universities and business schools. He is a regular guest discussing topics on recruitment technology on the national Dutch business radio and has been interviewed by every major national Dutch newspaper in the past years on recruitment technology and algorithmic hiring.
Bas is a big fan of modern assessment tooling and has tested a few dozen different suppliers. He passionately shares his experiences, both as a candidate as well as the quality of assessment tools, first hand.
Telephone: +971 4 407 2500
Fax: +971 4 335 2438
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable