This course focuses on developing the management accounting role into an advanced and forward-looking approach to contribute towards the overall strategic and management direction of the organisation. This is essential for the organisation to survive and expand in the increasingly competitive and uncertain environment in which modern organisations operate in.
The course is designed to enhance financial management responsibility to achieve a high level of performance in contributing towards the growth and financial stability of your organisation. The effect of in Aligning business strategy with the management reporting function helps monitor continuous improvements and adds to the successfully executing company objectives. The course will also provide delegates with the operational and management proficiency to promote understanding within the organisation.
Delegates will learn how to evaluate the financial performance of their organisation, whilst establishing and monitoring the financial objectives. You will define the approach to monitor and deal with any deviations to the benefit of your organisation. You will be able to improve overall decision-making and monitor performance with its consequential beneficial impact on the profitability of your organisation.
This course will use a range of learning approaches including presentations, specific examples, case studies, videos, and experiences based on practical experience.
Who Should Attend
- Management Accountants
- Managerial Finance professionals
- Finance Directors
- Chief Financial Officers (CFOs)
- Financial Controllers
- Auditing professionals
- Risk Managers
- Other senior financial personnel involved in making budgeting and planning decisions
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the importance of establishing the strategy of an organisation, and its link to planning and budgeting
- Expand your strategic management perspective to help improve competitive advantage, guide decisions, manage risk, and monitor performance
- Contribute as a cross-functional business partner and actively participate in business strategy, budgeting and forecasting decisions
- Adopt effective measures for continuous improvement in measuring business performance
- Develop a modern approach to reporting to management, the results necessary to enhance the progress of the organisation
David is a Chartered Accountant who gained an honours degree in economics and accounting at the University of Leeds before qualifying with Deloitte & Co in London. He then worked for a public shipping and logistics company for 19 years progressing through various financial roles in the UK, Australia, USA and continental Europe. After that he moved to senior positions in the food sector where he also participated in two management buyouts. His roles spanned all areas of financial strategy and management accounting.
He is now Chairman of two audit committees and Director of two institutes. He is also a Director of private companies and has his own accountancy practice which provides strategic management accounting advice to clients.
David’s style of presentation is to demystify the areas of finance and to explain the concepts in a stimulating and interesting way. He encourages participation and discussion and has the advantage of having been there and done it, and so can approach issues from a practical viewpoint drawing on his experience.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable.
SIGN UP FOR INFORMA’S TRAINING COURSES, AND GAIN COMPLIMENTARY ACCESS TO AQMEN365 DIGITAL FORUMS
ALWAYS ON! 365 DAYS A YEAR
Digital Forums Live and On-Demand
Digital Forums delivering concise content, discussions on the latest trends and networking with global thought leaders with unparalleled expertise.
You’ll get access to a wealth of knowledge across different industries, including Technology and Innovation, Energy, BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, & Insurance), Construction and Real Estate, Life Sciences and much more....
- A cutting edge digital conference platform
- An all-encompassing content hub
- Accessible anytime from anywhere
- Offering exclusive insights into industry trends
- Assembling a community of global thought leaders
- Inspires, engages and educates
- Powered by Informa Connect