MFX Options and Solutions (Pty) Ltd
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- 04 Apr 2021 Online
- 01 Aug 2021 Online
Excel’s current advanced functionality together with its formatting and visual design capabilities creates a basis for its extensive use as a data modelling and business reporting tool.
This very practical course provides participants with an understanding of the fundamental concepts appropriate to data modelling and Excel techniques to improve how the model outputs are reported. The course covers the most important tools used in financial modelling, analysis and reporting, including:
- Understanding the principles for planning and designing efficient financial models
- Improving Excel expertise in formatting, functions and effective data entry and manipulation
- Enhancing Excel knowledge in conditional formatting and sparkline tools; and in data slicing and dicing, data massaging, data aggregation and data integration using pivot tables
- Synthesising and summarising data into a logical framework
- Understanding approaches to scenario analysis in Excel
- Performing advanced and dynamic data validations and formatting techniques
- Designing good visualisation charts and user reports
- Developing reporting solutions using advanced form controls and buttons
- Recording, writing and editing macros to reduce the time to perform routine tasks
- Building an integrated financial model
Who Should Attend
This hands-on course is designed for middle and senior business and finance professionals as well as general managers who need to use financial models to measure business performance, including:
- Finance Managers and Controllers
- Stragtegy Directors and Managers
- Budget, Corporate, Business and Financial Analysts
- Project Managers and Risk Analysts
- Investment and Management Accountants
- Heads of Business Units and Business Planners
- Financial Advisors and Corporate Analysts
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the key applications and fundamental principles of financial modelling
- Discover the tools to interpret data and build financial models using essential Excel skills
- Learn how to use conditional formatting and sparklines to improve your analysis
- Know how to use visual effects and charting functionality, including the use of form controls
- Improve the user-friendliness and efficiency of your financial models through recording, writing and editing powerful macros
- Explore how to summarise, present and communicate data clearly and concisely
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Peter Hofmann is a professional business management consultant with over twenty years of experience in business skills management training facilitation. He has successfully facilitated various courses in the MENA region for over ten years.
Following his graduation Peter started his career in a corporate financial services environment where he established and built up successful departments focused on operational and executive management and board liaison over a period of almost twenty years.
He is currently an Executive Director of MFX Options and Solutions (Pty) Ltd, a South African based consulting practice established in 2004 and specialising in providing business management and strategic and operational management consulting services to globally based clients. This client base has included UAE, KSA and Oman-based organisations in the infrastructural development, construction, property management and retail industries. Projects undertaken by MFX for its international clients have included advising on financial modelling frameworks to facilitate improved business efficiencies and decision-making.
His wealth of experience within the consulting environment provides a basis for incorporating meaningful practical examples in the training courses that he facilitates.
Telephone: +971 4 407 2500
Fax: +971 4 335 2438
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable