To meet the needs of a fast-changing world and to generate value for the organisation’s customer and owners, the Finance function faces a fundamental challenge:
- To continue the traditional role – control, compliance, backward-looking accounting, the unloved budgetary bureaucracy: often described as reactive scorekeeping (and more unkindly as “bean counting”)
- Or to become a Strategic Business Partner – contributing proactively to the success of the organisation in co-operation with other functions and departments.
Many finance professionals seek this transformation of their function, but whilst the ambition is there the successful achievement is very often missing, and many Finance Functions remain as backward-looking accounting and control functions, perceived by the rest of the organisation as adding little value.
This 3-day intensive training course will take delegates through a range of building blocks to achieve this desirable transformation.
Case studies, Supporting background articles and video clips will be used many times during the course to illustrate real-life learning or both good and poor practice.
Who Should Attend
The course is aimed specifically at two groups of delegates
- Finance professionals - who aim to reposition their functions to become genuine and respected / valued Strategic Business Partners
- Business and strategy managers - who recognize the added value that finance is uniquely able to bring through Strategic Business Partnership
Benefits of Attending
- Learn what being a Strategic Business Partner really means and how finance can uniquely contribute value to that business partnership
- Understand a range of practical ways to achieve transformation of the finance function to become a successful and valued strategic business partner
- Learn from many case study examples of both good practices and potential barriers to be overcome
- Recognize and apply useful and relevant management tools and techniques to support successful “SBP”
- Appreciate the skills, attitudes and behaviours necessary for SBP
Alan Fell is an internationally recognized and respected consultant and trainer in Strategy Management and Financial Management. Over a long career he has undertaken a number of executive level roles within a major UK bank, applying in practice the concept of Finance as a Business Partner.
Over the last 20 years he has consulted and trained organisations in a range of related subjects – including strategy execution, balanced scorecards, aligning strategy & finance, cost management and he brings a wealth of real-life practical experience to the course subject.
Alan’s international experiences are global, but with special emphasis on the GCC where he is well-known for delivering literally hundreds of training events and consulting assignments.
He brings a strong disciplined and logical approach to his courses.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable