Alan Fell Consultancy Ltd (UK)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- 29 Sep 2021 Online
“Strategic Finance” is often narrowly defined as relating to the strategic allocation of capital within an organisation, and the underlying cost of that capital.
The focus of this course is to address the fundamental question – “What is the financial dimension of our overall business strategy?” The course considers this question primarily from the perspective of the business executive rather than from a finance manager’s viewpoint.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at a range of business executive, managerial and supervisory roles, though it is also suitable for finance professionals who wish to take a more strategic and holistic view of their discipline. It does NOT require delegates to have accounting knowledge: the focus is on managing finance within the context of business strategy, not on financial accounting technicalities.
- Business Managers at all levels who appreciate the need to understand the financial dimension of their business from a strategic and managerial, not technical, perspective
- Strategy and Planning Managers who recognise the crucial importance of the financial dimension of their organisation’s overall objectives and supporting strategies
- Finance Professionals at all levels who need to take a wider stand-back look at how finance aligns with overall business objectives and strategies
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the financial component of your organisation’s overall business strategy
- Learn how organisations proactively develop and execute their financial strategies – Don’t consider finance as a reactive “lagging” outcome
- Understand the concept of “economic profit” and the supporting techniques of capital allocation and Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Appreciate strategic cost management as a sustained way to spend for value and achieve optimum cost balance
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Alan Fell is a UK-based management consultant and trainer, specialising in strategy management/Balanced Scorecards and in financial management.
In the first half of his long career, Alan worked in a large London-based bank where he held a range of senior management positions in the areas of business planning and financial management. In his last banking role Alan led a pioneering Balanced Scorecard programme from which he comments …
"I became convinced that a Balanced Scorecard, provided that it is sensibly designed and rigorously used, can transform the performance of an organisation. Since that early experience in 1994-6 I have been a passionate advocate of the BSC concept."
For the last 20+ years, Alan has operated as an independent management consultant and trainer, with a strong international focus. He has run over 400 training and consulting assignments across the world, from Australia/New Zealand to South Africa, South-East and South Asia and the UK/Europe – and occasionally in North America. But his predominant activities have been in the Middle East, working in exclusive partnership with Informa.
Since 2010, Alan has been a Senior Associate of the Balanced Scorecard Institute and, in conjunction with Informa, has led very many certified Balanced Scorecard and KPI training courses and follow-on implementation consultancy assignments.
Alan also focuses on strategy execution, including regular certified training programmes with Informa. He comments …
"Planning is (relatively) easy: the challenge for all organisations is to deliver the plan, to execute successfully the chosen strategy. Simply having a plan is not enough – you need effective management processes and, above all, an aligned business culture."
Alan also runs regular financial management courses with a special focus on cost management, budgeting and rolling forecasts.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable