- 26 Oct 2021 Online
Orchestrate Change, Elicit Enthusiastic Support & Action, Inspire High Quality Work & Results
Experiencing difficult circumstances and recovering from them present challenges for which managers are often unprepared. The current events facing the Middle East and the world can cause fear, uncertainty, doubt, stress, and paralysis, not only for the people directly involved but also for those who are indirectly affected. That distress spills into the workplace and hinders productivity and performance. By the very nature of their position, managers are uniquely positioned to provide leadership, confidence, and create a future of certainty to help individuals focus on their work.
This course provides the tools for managers to be effective and empowering with their teams to cause results and sustain performance.
- Understanding and coordinating the fundamentals and relevant organisational and management information
- Providing leadership that empowers confidence, commitment, and productivity
- Discerning concerns and considerations of others; identifying team member needs
- Managing resources to assist staff with personal concerns and considerations
- Creating and delivering effective communication
- Using appropriate methods of communication
- Building community and teams to create and expand resiliency
- Creating expectations for performance
- Setting and measuring performance goals and objectives
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, and others responsible for productivity and performance within their organisations, small businesses, hospitals, clinics, and even households.
Benefits of Attending
This course trains managers to orchestrate changes that make sense to employees and elicit enthusiastic support and action. It provides participants with the ability to:
- Create and sustain employee focus on organisational mission and objectives
- Distinguish sources of current productivity and performance
- Create actionable access to sources of performance
- Inspire high quality of work and results
Pam Jackson, PhD
Pam Jackson, PhD CPHQ is a highly trained economist, an experienced public policy advisor, and a quality management expert. She is an American living in Dubai with a combined work history of 15 years of experience with the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C. and three years of experience in the healthcare and quality management sector in the UAE and neighboring countries. Her work includes federal emergency management, public finance, personnel and performance management coaching along with healthcare quality management and operations.
Her work experience in crisis management includes training and developing teams and staff members in response to a variety of crises, including healthcare failures and patient safety violations; operational failures and mismanagement; and disaster recovery. A notable part of her past experience includes leading teams, public policy response, and personnel management for the Congressional response and recovery to Hurricane Katrina in the United States. , one of the largest most impactful natural disasters in the history of that country that caused material damage estimated at $81 billion dollars.
Telephone: +971 4 407 2500
Fax: +971 4 335 2438
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable