Many employees and managers encounter a wide variety of legal documents including contracts, legal advice and legal opinions that are prepared by attorneys or government regulators, but may also include emails, letters and other correspondence that may be written by attorneys or non-lawyers. Employees and managers must therefore be able to recognise the different types of legal writing and their purposes, understand how to interpret what these legal documents say,and know how to draft or edit documents that have legal implications.
In this course, delegates will learn: how to decipher legal jargon; how and when to use or avoid legal jargon in their own writing; how to recognise and better understand legal documents written by others; and how to enhance their own legal writing skills through techniques that result in clearer and more effective writing.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who are responsible for drafting or editing documents that have legal implications
- People who want hands-on training to improve their skills when drafting, editing, and reading contracts
Benefits of Attending
- Improve your understanding of the legal documents you encounter in your workplace
- Enhance your writing confidence by using practical techniques to improve the clarity of your legal writing
- Apply correct templates and layout guidelines to streamline your writing process
- Learn how to structure different types of legal writing and avoid common errors
- Improve your internal and external communication abilities
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Established in 1996, The CPD Certification Service is the independent CPD accreditation centre working across all sectors, disciplines and further learning applications and supports policies of institutional and professional organisations globally.
CPD is the term used to describe the learning activities professionals engage in to develop and enhance their abilities and keep skills and knowledge up to date. This course is an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training which means it meets CPD standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality.
Herbert S. Wolfson
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable