How would you know if fraud was occurring in your organisation?
Does your organisation have a fraud prevention strategy?
Do you have a formal programme to tackle the risk posed by fraud?
Do you have the use of any automated fraud detection techniques?
If fraud is suspected do you have a clearly defined approach for managing the investigation?
This course will help you significantly enhance your approach in all these key areas.
This programme will benefit organisations in all business sectors and will provide an appreciation of the ever-increasing risk posed by fraud, and how to deal with these threats.
The course will enhance your knowledge in the following areas:
- The breadth and impact of fraud risks, especially on business reputation
- The range of fraud indicators
- Achieving a cost-effective balance between prevention and detection
- The legal implications
- The need for vigilance
- Developing an anti-fraud policy
This two-day live online version is specially designed in a format of three sessions of 90 minutes each, with two breaks, of 30 minutes each, in between sessions. The programme will be hosted on an interactive platform and the delivery style will involve discussions, group exercises and plenty opportunity to ask questions. The facilitator will share valuable tools, templates and techniques, all well-suited and applicable to resolve workplace challenges.
- This is an intermediary level course and delegates should have 12 months experience in Internal Audit (or other assurance roles)
- Delegates should have a good educational standard and/or a professional qualification or be in the process of studying for such qualifications
- No advance preparation is required
- Delivery method – Online-live (with exercises and case studies to provide practical application of the tools and techniques)
Participants will earn 10 CPE credits (5 in the regulatory ethics of study and 5 in the management field of study)
Who Should Attend
- Managers who need to learn about the most modern approaches to fraud prevention and detection
- Newly appointed fraud specialists
- Auditors who need to learn about the most modern approaches to fraud prevention and detection
- Members of fraud teams who need to learn more about targeting fraud
- Managers needing a broader understanding of how to investigate all types of fraud
Benefits of Attending
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and challenge management’s fraud risks
- Think like a fraudster – the only way to spot frauds
- Apply successful techniques to help prevent fraud
- Promote an effective fraud prevention process
- Adopt data mining as a fraud prevention and detection tool
- Apply an effective fraud investigation process
- Apply audit skills to fraud investigation
- Spot when someone is not telling you the truth
Phil Griffiths is founder and CEO of Business Risk Management Ltd, a Chartered Accountant and an Associate of the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has over 30 years’ experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance, and Fraud Prevention as practitioner, professional advisor, facilitator and trainer.
He has held top management positions with four international groups, in roles embracing Internal Audit, Risk Management, Finance, and Project Management. Phil is regarded as one of the world’s leading experts in Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management.
He has extensive experience of the Middle Eastern, European, Asian and African markets having trained professionals from over 1000 organisations in these regions during the past 17 years.
He has developed over 400 training courses on all aspects of Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Fraud and delivered them across the globe. He is an accomplished author. His book ‘Risk Based Auditing’ is an international best seller and his latest book ‘Enterprise Risk Management – The Key to Business Success’ is receiving much acclaim.
Phil has published research into many aspects of Internal Audit and Risk Management best practice, including ‘The Need to Co-ordinate Assurance Providers’ and ‘The Expectations of Chief Executives towards Internal Audit and its future’.
He is recognised as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer and is in continual demand to speak at the most prestigious events on Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Internal Audit and Fraud.
Telephone: +971 4 407 2500
Fax: +971 4 335 2438
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, which will be charged where applicable