Time is very precious, especially when it comes to growing up of business. However, there are never more than 24 hours in a day. Some entrepreneurs or small business owners respond to this fact of life with purpose and focus while others don’t take it seriously. You need to work productively, efficiently and relatively stress-free in order to run and grow your business.
Time management is all about working harder and smarter by making the most effective use of your time. All it requires is effective planning and then sticking to the plan. You need to plan your time for everything you wish to do. If you are not managing your time well then you’ll not be able to reach your goals at work and the life outside of it. If you don’t take your time seriously then time management will be an uphill battle. Moreover, if the people don’t utilize their time effectively or water their precious time, it will become quite difficult to achieve even mildly goals. Therefore, the truth is that time is the greatest equalizer in life. All it depends on how effectively you are managing your time.
One of the biggest problems faced by entrepreneurs and small business owners is how to achieve the goals in such a demanding market and also how to maintain some similarity of balance without feeling too overworked. Thus, you need to maintain balance in your life to achieve your desired goals.
Here are 12 tips for successful time management in order to grow your business:
- Create your goals in the right way – It is very important to set your goals in the right way and to know what your short-term and long-term goals are. If you are aware of the difference between the two and set them in the right way, you’ll be able to figure out actually what needs to be done and in what order. Your daily plan should revolve around performing the tasks and activities which is directly related to growing your business. Once you are clear about your goals, you can plan a sequence of steps to achieve them.
- Make a to-do-list for each task – You need to make a to-do-list in order to increase your productivity. It will help you to clear your mind, and save your stress and energy. Spend at least five to ten minutes in planning your activities and prepare your list. Write your task and start focusing on one task at a time. After completing one task, cross check it and start with another task. You can also opt for management assignment help to make a to-do list.
- Prioritise – It’s not always possible to get everything done on your to-do list, but you need to do the most important things. Moreover, you need to prioritize your to-do list task and figure out what is the most important and the most urgent task. You also need to number or mark your task which is important but not urgent, urgent but not important, and not urgent and not important. This will help you to tackle the essential task on time.
- Use time management tools – Hundreds of time-saving tools are available which will help you to save time. Management assignment help also lets you plan your events and know how you will be going to spend your time in the future. These tools will help in smooth running of the business.
- Make a schedule for seven days straight – Make a schedule for the whole week by using your to-do list. Also, include sufficient time for breaks and contingencies. However, make a realistic schedule with padding for unscheduled events and interruptions. When you plan your schedule, you will be able to utilize your time effectively without wasting your time and energy thinking about what to do next.
- Learn to say ‘NO’ – As you are aware of the fact that your time and resources are limited, so you cannot say yes to everything. You should learn to say ‘NO’ to unimportant task and stick to what’s more important and urgent.
- Manage your emails and phone calls – Try to avoid continuous email notification and put your phone on voicemails unless you need to be constantly accessible and available. Phone calls and emails constitute the biggest obstacle and make you lose focus.
- Delegate more often – When you don’t have enough time to perform all the tasks by yourself, delegate the less important tasks to someone else or any member of your team who would perform the less important task well.
- Set time limit for tasks – Set a time limit of one or two hours a day to each task and stick to the time limit. For example, reading and answering email and calls can consume your whole day, so fix a time rather than answering the whole day.
- Focus – Try to focus on a single task so that you get it done with perfection. Close off all the unnecessary applications you aren’t using or are taking away your attention. You’ll be more efficient if you focus solely on what you are doing.
- Eliminate your time wasters – Our bad-habits like Facebook, Twitter, playing games, watching etc. are the biggest time-wasters. If you are serious about achieving your goals in life, then you need to eliminate your bad habits.
- Take frequent breaks while working – Don’t pack each and every task closely together. Take a 10-15 minutes break in between each task. This will help you to keep your mental, physical and emotional states at peak levels.
The tips given above help you to manage your time effectively and efficiently. When you will know how to make the most of your time, you’ll be in control and be able to accomplish what you want to accomplish. So try to put these tips to use and simplify your life.
We have a variety of soft skill courses to help you in your career. Have a look at our range of course here: www.informa-mea.com/training