Healthcare managers play a critical role in both formulating and delivering strategic plans – and this role is no longer limited to just top
managers and leaders. Many healthcare professionals working at the frontline of care delivery, as well as administrators, are also expected
to understand the strategic position of their organization or department and write business cases for a new service or project.
This programme will enable professionals from all types of healthcare organisations and services to understand their current strategic
situation, formulate new strategies, and then deliver them successfully.
Using case studies from hospitals, clinics and healthcare systems, this interactive progamme will show you how to deliver plans that can
improve your organisation's performance, determine its future direction, help introduce new services, optimise resource allocation, meet
regulatory or accreditation requirements, or simply deliver your current vision and mission.
The progamme is divided into three modules and includes detailed instruction in:
- Understanding Your Strategic Position – through detailed analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Formulating Your Strategy – by evaluating and choosing properly from all the available options
- Making Strategy Happen – through the practical actions that have to be undertaken in order to actually implement a strategy
This is a highly practical and interactive programme
that will benefit anyone who needs to be able
to plan and direct the strategy of a healthcare
organisation, participate in the strategic planning
process, or develop a strategic plan.
The progamme provides detailed coverage of what
are truly essential tools and competencies. It will be
particularly relevant for:
- All healthcare leaders and managers, whether in clinical or administrative roles
- All medical and clinical chairs, chiefs and heads of departments
- All nurse supervisors and managers and those in allied health professions
- Anyone who wants to become an effective strategic planner
Throughout the programme there are allocated
timeslots allowing ample opportunities to practice
the principles and techniques being taught using
interactive exercises and case studies.
On This Programme You Will:
- Learn how to write compelling business cases and strategic plans
- Master the essential skills for formulating and executing a strategy
- Discover easy-to-use frameworks for analyzing your healthcare organisation's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Understand how to select and implement the best strategy for future success