Rothwell & Associates (Pty) Ltd
Janine launched her own company in 2000,
focused on a variety of industries in South Africa,
the Middle East and Europe.
Rothwell & Associates (Pty) Ltd has developed and facilitated
the imlplementation of business and functional strategies
including global marketing strategies, communication
strategies, crisis management strategies, sustainable
development strategies, supply chain strategies, social
responsibility strategies, and HR and change management
Her work includes strategic analysis and research and
management at executive levels in the roles of Corporate
Communication Manager, Group Technical Communication
Manager, Strategic Communication Manager and Global
Her clients have included global mining and industrial
companies, global property developers, a national power
generator, a United Nations Industrial Development
organisation and the global General Electrical Corporation.
Janine has successfully implemented large projects such as:
- Developed a communication strategy, and project-managed an internal communication survey with 20 business units for Nakheel, UAE that reviewed communication effectiveness, strategy awareness, company value awareness, communication channels, intranet effectiveness and employee retention of information and their ability to act accordingly
- Developed and project managed a SMME supplier communication intervention for GE, USA in South Africa
- Project-managed the communication of 11 performance management projects, which was implemented at Anglo Platinum to their 40,000-strong workforce and trained all the mine communication specialists in their roles
- Project-managed internal communication for Eskom (the South African power supplier) to their 15,000-strong workforce
- Developing business strategies, strategic templates and competitor systems; and facilitating strategic workshops for Boart Longyear and Highveld Steel and Vanadium Corporation, two listed subsidiaries of Anglo American plc.
- Implemented a new communication channel, 'Jive', and developed and facilitated the implementation of a communication strategy
- Developed a communication strategy focused on the strategic story telling of the company including cost-saving and productivity
- Managed an industrial crisis of a light aircraft emergency landing at the company and the fatality of a contractor on site
Prior to this, Janine was Public Relations and Global Marketing
Manager for Boart Longyear, a manufacturer of diamond
products for the mining, construction and dimension stone
industries, and a subsidiary of Anglo American.
She established and built up a successful marketing division,
responsible for, amongst others, marketing strategy; market
surveys; brand management, sales force management; CRM,
global product launches, distribution, education and support;
and customer satisfaction surveys and corrective action plans.
Her enthusiasm for her fields of interest has made her a
popular trainer over a span of 13 years in the Middle East,
Europe and South Africa. Janine's training includes global
marketing, public relations, internal customer relations,
business strategy, communication strategy, crisis management
and communication, events management, and corporate social
She completed an MBA at the Henley Business School, UK;
rated no. 2 in the UK and no. 8 in Europe. Her dissertations was
on "Creating a high performance workplace in an industrial
manufacturing environment", and her elective paper was based
on international strategies.