Rothwell & Associates (Pty) Ltd
- 10 Dec 2018 Dubai
This course focuses on preventing and/or minimising reputational damage caused from a crisis by providing you with a complete understanding of the levels of crises, the potential damage to the organisation, how to develop a crisis communication action plan, with all the templates provided.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a number of workshops; view DVDs, review case studies and start completing your crisis communication action plan for your organisation.
Who Should Attend
- This course is aimed at all industries and is a MUST-ATTEND for all in communications – Corporate communication directors, communication managers and all communication team members
- It would also be beneficial for the Human Resource Managers and Directors to attend this programme to understand what is addressed during a crisis and the role that HR is required to play by providing relevant and immediate information on employees that may be affected
- Crises sometimes affect the premises, or the various locations that an organisation is situated in. For this reason it is beneficial for the key members of the security team to attend the course to understand the type of information required for communication – Heads and Managers of security teams.
Benefits of Attending
- Increase your knowledge and develop your skills to anticipate, prepare, analyse, manage and respond to a crisis
- Develop a crisis communication plan, with appropriate messaging for the relevant time during the crisis
- Determine the requirements of, and set up a crisis communication nerve centre
- Identify a crisis team and determine their roles and responsibilities
- Identify stakeholders and establish a matrix
- Be able to review post-crises communication and determine an effective way forward
- Developed a communication strategy, and project-managed an internal communication survey with 20 business units for Nakheel, UAE that reviewed communication effectiveness, strategy awareness, company value awareness, communication channels, intranet effectiveness and employee retention of information and their ability to act accordingly
- Developed and project managed a SMME supplier communication intervention for GE, USA in South Africa
- Project-managed the communication of 11 performance management projects, which was implemented at Anglo Platinum to their 40,000-strong workforce and trained all the mine communication specialists in their roles
- Project-managed internal communication for Eskom (the South African power supplier) to their 15,000-strong workforce
- Developing business strategies, strategic templates and competitor systems; and facilitating strategic workshops for Boart Longyear and Highveld Steel and Vanadium Corporation, two listed subsidiaries of Anglo American plc.
- Implemented a new communication channel, 'Jive', and developed and facilitated the implementation of a communication strategy
- Developed a communication strategy focused on the strategic story telling of the company including cost-saving and productivity
- Managed an industrial crisis of a light aircraft emergency landing at the company and the fatality of a contractor on site
Janine launched her own company in 2000,
focused on a variety of industries in South Africa,
the Middle East and Europe.
Janine has successfully implemented large projects such as:
Prior to this, Janine was Public Relations and Global Marketing
Manager for Boart Longyear, a manufacturer of diamond
products for the mining, construction and dimension stone
industries, and a subsidiary of Anglo American.
Sheikh Zayed Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 444 7444
Fax: +971 4 444 7445
|Date||Early Bird 1 |
(Before 01 October 2018)
|Early Bird 2 |
(Before 05 November 2018)
10 - 13 December 2018
|USD 3995||USD 4495||USD 4995|
Course fee includes documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the assessment will receive a Certificate of Completion from Informa.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable
Start Date: 10 Dec 2018
Duration: 4 Days