Since the introduction in 1978 of the VisiCalc row-and-columnbased layout of what we know as spreadsheets today, these have evolved to become powerful business tools that are widely used across business functions. Step into any of the various departments in a business and you will find some business processes that are supported by spreadsheets – a budget spreadsheet to assist the Finance department, a customer spreadsheet used in Marketing, employee data maintained on a spreadsheet in Human Resources – the opportunities for using Excel spreadsheets to improve business efficiencies are endless.
Over more than three decades, the world of spreadsheets has witnessed a lot of change. Today Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet software leads the market, with Excel 2010 offering single spreadsheets that have 17, 179, 869, 184 cells in each worksheet!
Microsoft's Excel application includes a myriad of tools that, with the correct knowledge, can be applied to improve any spreadsheet-appropriate business process. One of the tools that provides for creating structured programmes directly in Excel is the visual basic programming tool, and it provides for an improved user experience whilst reducing the risk of user-input error.
This course will provide you with an understanding of the fundamental concepts appropriate to using Excel's VBA programming platform. The course also provides a basis for understanding how these concepts can be applied in your working environment to improve financial processes using Excel as a business tool.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for financial professionals who use Microsoft Excel 2003 and above. The course will benefit intermediate to advanced Excel users who want to improve the efficiency of their spreadsheets through using the VBA platform.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain insight into the benefits of using Excel VBA and the concepts applicable to programming to enhance financial spreadsheet applications
- Improve your productivity and enhance your business investment in the Excel software application
- Understand how Excel programming can save you time and reduce errors through automating manual instructions
- Formulate structured VBA codes using objects and functions
- Improve the usability of your financial spreadsheet applications through creating an improved user interface
- Strategic business plans, functional plans and processes, supply chain management, strategic planning and process analysis for implementation of ERP systems
- The assessment of economic, social and environmental impacts and development of systems and processes to drive performance management and reporting
- The assessment of business intelligence frameworks to support the development of integrated graphical dashboard reporting mechanisms within business entities
- The analysis of key ESG issues to develop reporting objectives and frameworks
- The development and implementation of performance strategies for business units
- The development of five-year strategies on an annual basis, customer surveys anad measurement, business unit strategies and electronic customer focused marketing campaigns
Peter Hofmann is an Executive Director of MFX Options and Solutions (Pty) Ltd, specialising in business management and corporate strategic and operational management consulting. The platform for his current business focus was established through his exposure to the holistic corporate business environment where he built a successful career over two decades, having established and built up successful departments focused on operational and executive management and board liaison.
His integral involvement with a range of international clients includes projects undertaken by MFX such as:
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 341 0000
Fax: +971 4 341 2327
|Date||Course Fee Before
25 September 2017
|Course Fee Before
30 October 2017
|4 – 7 December 2017
|US$ 3,995||US$ 4,495||US$ 4,995|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the course assessment will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Start Date: TBA