Desert Owl Consultancy FZE
- 30 Apr 2018 Dubai
- 28 Oct 2018 Dubai
Even in tough times companies will continue to carry out Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As). However, today's difficult financial environment will put added pressure on companies (for their deals) to enhance shareholder value. Managers who are relying on new strategies will find themselves racing against the clock to prove that their value proposition is real and to satisfy the terms being enforced by lenders. In addition, the softer economic times will place more importance on faster implementation of revenue synergies and cost-reduction initiatives. Any deviations between actual results and the original forecasts will place increased scrutiny on a transaction's economics. What this means for acquirers is that achieving success in today's environment is both more important and more challenging. Since many companies have not historically been successful at creating shareholder value through M&As, management teams need to quickly focus on how to improve their M&A approach.
The good news, however, is that there are still some companies that have proven how to continually succeed with M&As. Many of these companies share certain organisational characteristics – ranging from how they operate to how their teams are structured. These commonalities suggest there are a few specific measures an organisation can adopt to greatly improve its results. We will examine the most meaningful differences between the successful M&A teams and the rest of the market and focus on understanding the practical side of these operational and organisational characteristics, so that any company can quickly implement these leading practices and increase its success rates.
Management's challenge is to beat the market odds and execute deals that deliver the value investors demand – this course will introduce you to the skills that help you make successful transactions even in tough times, including Due Diligence and business valuation techniques.
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for those working within finance, investment and legal departments of medium to large corporates who are entrusted with the task of Due Diligence and/or Valuation and wish to consolidate their knowledge to make intelligent and successful investment decisions and transactions to add value to their organisation.
Benefits of Attending
- Appraise the quality and reliability of information following an efficient process
- Identify and verify worthwhile investment opportunities
- Analyse the financial and commercial aspects of an entity
- Identify and overcome the most common Due Diligence pitfalls
- Learn how to perform Due Diligence to win
- Understand the concepts of business valuation and appreciate valuation drivers
- Appreciate the importance of understanding cost of capital and how this impacts valua
- Due Diligence, valuation and negotiation of the acquisition of a group of companies in the safety and marine business
- Due Diligence of a manufacturing company in Kuwait
- Business valuation of a printing company in the UAE
- Financial modelling to support a decision to acquire a trading business in Oman
- Sell side advisory for a media business in the UAE (in progress)
- Assisting an entrepreneur with the sale of an entertainment business (in progress)
Andrew is a self-employed business and
financial consultant based in the United
Arab Emirates since 1995. He is a
qualified accountant and treasurer and
has worked with public companies,
multinationals, family firms and government
organisations, throughout the Gulf.
Andrew particularly appreciates the opportunity to provide support to family businesses and is a Non-Executive representative on the Audit Committee of a UAE family Holding Company.
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Dubai Marina
Al Marsa Street
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 436 7777
Fax: +971 4 436 7788
|Date||Early Bird 1 |
(Before 19 August 2018)
|Early Bird 2 |
(Before 23 September 2018)
28 - 31 October 2018
|USD 3995||USD 4495||USD 4995|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and pass the course examination will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable
CPE/CPD: 24 CPD UK
Start Date: 30 Apr 2018
Duration: 4 Days