- 15 Oct 2018 Dubai
This course places an emphasis on a variety of tools and techniques used for the purpose of preparing a financial budget for projects and monitoring variances over a period of time in the process.
This course begins with defining the project and the various elements involved through the Work Breakdown Structure. It provides a walkthrough of the process in developing a project plan and a milestone plan which determine the project budget. The content expands further and delves into the complexities of formulating the project budget using the time and material system leading to the creation of a capital budget. Once the budget is determined, you will focus on a variety of methods that could be deployed in raising project financing including the basic concepts of Angel and Venture Capital Financing, as well as aspects associated with Public Private Partnerships.
The course further undertakes a walkthrough of the process involved in carrying out a basic capital investment appraisal of the project and considers basic aspects of risk and sensitivities associated with the actual project results.
Finally, the course concludes with an overview on monitoring the actual financial performance of the project with reference to the Stage of Completion Method and how variances are determined and reported to senior management in the process.
Who Should Attend
- Financial Directors and Financial Managers
- Banks, Lenders and Project Investors
- Government Officials involved in PPP initiatives
- Programme Directors and Project Managers
- Programme Sponsors
Benefits of Attending
- Review the basics of project management
- Understand the differences between project and operational management
- Gain insight into feasibility evaluation of projects
- Understand different techniques used to support capital investment decisions
- Explore alternative means of accessing and tapping into project finance resources
- Understand key forms of Public Private Partnerships in project finance initiatives
- Learn to manage and account for risks in projects
- Analyse project risk using appropriate techniques
- Gain insight into monitoring financial performance on projects
- Identify and evaluate deviations from financial plans
- Strategic business plans, functional plans and processes, supply chain management, strategic planning and process analysis for implementation of ERP systems
- The assessment of economic, social and environmental impacts and development of systems and processes to drive performance management and reporting
- The assessment of business intelligence frameworks to support the development of integrated graphical dashboard reporting mechanisms within business entities
- The analysis of key ESG issues to develop reporting objectives and frameworks
- The development and implementation of performance strategies for business units
- The development of five-year strategies on an annual basis, customer surveys anad measurement, business unit strategies and electronic customer focused marketing campaigns
Peter Hofmann is an Executive Director of MFX Options and Solutions (Pty) Ltd, specialising in business management and corporate strategic and operational management consulting. The platform for his current business focus was established through his exposure to the holistic corporate business environment where he built a successful career over two decades, having established and built up successful departments focused on operational and executive management and board liaison.
His integral involvement with a range of international clients includes projects undertaken by MFX such as:
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina
The Address Dubai Marina
Al Marsa Street
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 436 7777
Fax: +971 4 436 7788
|Date||Early Bird 1 |
(Before 06 August 2018)
|Early Bird 2 |
(Before 10 September 2018)
15 - 18 October 2018
|USD 3995||USD 4495||USD 4995|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable
Start Date: 15 Oct 2018
Duration: 4 Days