Founder and Managing Director
Business Risk Management Ltd.
- 22 Jul 2018 Dubai
This course covers everything you need to know as a newcomer
to Internal Audit regarding the most effective audit practices (or
those who need to know about the most up to date practices in
There has probably never been a more important or challenging time for Internal Audit. The ever-increasing pace of change has required the function to change significantly to become a business partner and process challenger.
Internal audit should be seen as vibrant and challenging, adding real value to the organisation and being recognised as a catalyst for change and a business enabler.
This course will benefit all employees who wish to acquire the best audit practices and be able to apply them efficiently.
Who Should Attend
- Newcomers to internal audit
- Internal auditors with up to 18 months’ experience
- Those returning to, or already working in internal audit who need practical guidance on the changing role of the function
- Personnel in other functions who need a better understanding on the modern internal audit role such as those working in other assurance functions such as Inspection, Compliance or Quality Assurance
- Those with a responsibility for providing assurance to the board and need a fuller understanding of the internal audit role
- Auditors returning to the function, or staff who are to be seconded to the Audit department for a period of time
Benefits of Attending
- Understand the key aspects of the Internal audit role
- Apply the professional standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Plan and complete an effective audit and deliver a range of successful audit assignments
- Appreciate the balance between risk and control
- Confidently undertake meetings with management while persuading them to accept your recommendations
- Assisting senior management to identify, manage and then exploit the risks within their business via facilitated business
- Risk Management programmes
- Helping internal audit functions to implement world class standards
- Developing fraud prevention, detection and investigation programmes tailored specifically to clients' requirements
- Training both private and public sector organisations in all the above disciplines
Phil Griffiths is Founder and Managing Director
of Business Risk Management Ltd. A Chartered
Accountant, he has over 25 years' experience
in Risk Management, internal audit and fraud
prevention as a practitioner, professional adviser,
facilitator and trainer. He has held top
management positions with a number of
international groups, in roles embracing finance,
IT and general management.
Phil is recognised as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer having advised many renowned organisations, coordinated top-level events and addressed national and international conferences on a wide range of critical business topics.
He has worked extensively with all sectors in the Gulf during the past 10 years to enable such organisations to exploit their potential by managing their strategic risks and/or enhancing the effectiveness of their internal audit services. He is a renowned author and writer – his book, Risk Based Auditing, was published in 2006.
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 341 0000
Fax: +971 4 341 2327
|Date||Early Bird 1 |
(Before 13 May 2018)
|Early Bird 2 |
(Before 17 June 2018)
22 - 26 July 2018
|USD 4495||USD 4995||USD 5495|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions will recieve a Certificate of Attendance.
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable
Start Date: 22 Jul 2018
Duration: 5 Days