Founder and Managing Director
Business Risk Management Ltd.
- 06 May 2018 Dubai
In the ever-changing Middle East business environment, encountering risk is inevitable. The ability to manage these increasingly significant risks now represents the difference between a thriving organisation and one that is struggling to deal with the challenges facing it.
Many businesses in the region have realised that misunderstanding risk can lead to disaster. The organisations that have dealt with the recession most effectively have realised that this requires extensive knowledge of risk management tools and techniques. This is exactly what you will find in this course.
As the current worldwide situation demonstrates, poorly informed or improperly executed risk management can mean disaster. Conversely, a well organised and focused risk process and strong risk management team will enable your company to maintain and strengthen your edge over your competitors. Moreover, studies have shown that financial risk is only the 'tip of the iceberg', as nearly 80% of key risks are not insurable. This critical 80% of risks must be 'insured' internally with a capable risk management team.
Risk management has been catapulted from being a useful tool to becoming the very pulse of the organisation and the yardstick by which its management is judged. The key is to recognise that risk is not something that should be avoided – a risk is often an opportunity in disguise.
Who Should Attend
- Risk Managers
- Managers and Directors responsible for the risk management function or process
- Senior Internal Auditors and Audit Managers, other assurance professionals such as those in Compliance and QA functions who are being asked to review the risk process
- Finance Managers and insurance professionals who need knowledge of the wider approach to risk management
Benefits of Attending
- Apply the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management
- Explain to management the benefits of an enterprise - wide approach to risk
- Embed an ERM approach
- Apply the different techniques for identifying risks and implement effective risk mitigation
- Link risk management into the business planning process
- Deliver practical techniques for the assessment of people, process and reputation risks
- Record the risk process effectively
- Assisting senior management to identify, manage and then exploit the risks within their business via facilitated business
- Risk Management programmes
- Helping internal audit functions to implement world class standards
- Developing fraud prevention, detection and investigation programmes tailored specifically to clients' requirements
- Training both private and public sector organisations in all the above disciplines
Phil Griffiths is Founder and Managing Director
of Business Risk Management Ltd. A Chartered
Accountant, he has over 25 years' experience
in Risk Management, internal audit and fraud
prevention as a practitioner, professional adviser,
facilitator and trainer. He has held top
management positions with a number of
international groups, in roles embracing finance,
IT and general management.
Phil is recognised as an accomplished and charismatic facilitator, trainer and lecturer having advised many renowned organisations, coordinated top-level events and addressed national and international conferences on a wide range of critical business topics.
He has worked extensively with all sectors in the Gulf during the past 10 years to enable such organisations to exploit their potential by managing their strategic risks and/or enhancing the effectiveness of their internal audit services. He is a renowned author and writer – his book, Risk Based Auditing, was published in 2006.
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Mall of the Emirates Dubai
Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 341 0000
Fax: +971 4 341 2327
|Date||Early Bird 1 |
(Before 25 February 2018)
|Early Bird 2 |
(Before 01 April 2018)
06 - 10 May 2018
|USD 4495||USD 4995||USD 5495|
Course fees include documentation, luncheon and refreshments. Delegates who attend all sessions and successfully complete the course assessment will receive an Informa Certificate of Completion.
Any complaints, grievances or suggestion regarding CPE credit may be addressed to email: email@example.com
Pricing excludes 5% VAT, where applicable
Start Date: 06 May 2018
Duration: 5 Days
Price: USD 4495